Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Town Office hours?
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8am to 4pm
Tuesday – 8am to 6pm Closed Thursdays and all Federal Holidays

I have trash and recycling – when is the Transfer Station open?
The Transfer Station is open Wednesday and Saturday, from 8am to 4pm and Sunday 10am to 2pm

Where can I get a Transfer Station sticker and punch card?
Stickers and punch cards are available at the Town Office

What do I need to renew my vehicle registration?
You can renew your vehicle or trailer registration online through, Rapid Renewal! Or can renew your registration at the Town Office.
You’ll need to bring the following:
1. Current Insurance Card
2. Old Registration
3. Mileage

What is the phone number of the Greenwood Post Office?
(207) 875-3672

Tell me about dog licenses.
Dog must be licensed at 6 months of age or within 10 days of ownership.
To register a dog, please bring:
1. Current rabies certificate issued by a State of Maine licensed veterinarian.
2. If the dog is spayed or neutered, a certificate of proof.
Dogs must be re-licensed by January 1st of each year. After January 31st, there is a state mandated late charge of $ 15.00
The fee to license your dog is $ 6.00 if spayed or neutered and $11.00 if not.
You can also renew online at:

How do we get a marriage license?
Marriage licenses are issued at the Town Clerk’s Office at the Town Office. Please bring photo identification, and if this isn’t your first marriage, you must bring a certified divorce decree (raised seal) or death certificate. If either applicant is a Maine resident, you must apply in the Town Office where one of you resides. If you are both non-residents, you can apply at any town office in Maine. Applicants must sign the license in the clerk’s presence. The license fee is $ 40.00, and for an additional $ 15.00 we will mail you a certified copy.

Please visit: for more information about getting married in Maine.

How can I register to vote?
You can register to vote at the Town Office. Photo ID and proof of residency (if not on the photo ID) is required.

How can I get a copy of a vital record?
State law requires you to submit an application to purchase a copy of a vital record. Vital Record Application. When submitting an application by mail, please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope, and a copy of your photo i.d.